VIRSAL E contains an attenuated Salmonella enteritidis bacteria, MTR2 strain. The vaccine was developed by Biovac Biological Laboratories, using metabolic drift mutations. These are drift mutations in essential enzymes and metabolic regulatory centers. On per-oral vaccination, Salmonella invade and multiply in the mucosa associated lymphatic tissues (MALT) and gut-associated lymphatic tissues (GALT) such as Peyer’s patches. The vaccine strain survives and multiplies for a period of time just sufficient for eliciting a protective response.
This characteristic dissemination pattern allows VIRSAL E strain to stimulate cell-mediated, and secretory antibody immune responses.
|Composition||Each dose contains attenuated salmonella enteritidis MTR2 strain, at least 108.0 CFU.|
|Indications||Active immunization of chickens to reduce sickness, carrying and shedding of Salmonella enteritidis.|
|Indications for use||Use by instruction of veterinarian. Dilute the dry vaccine in sterilized water or boiled and cooled water, without anti bacterial and disinfectant leftovers. Use immediately after dilution.|
• Prevent the chickens from any anti bacterial substance 3 days before and 3 days after vaccination.
• Do not give any disinfectant substance, souring and other substance with anti bacterial action 3 days before the vaccination.
• Deprive the chickens from drinking 1-2 hours before vaccination (depends on weather).
• Prepare adequate volume of drinking water for a flock to be consumed within 1-2 hours.
• Protect the dissolved vaccine from chlorine by adding BIOVAC’S Blue Neutrachlor® to the drinking water to be consumed, according to the product instructions.
• After 15 minutes, add the diluted vaccine to the drinking water.
• Let the birds consume all the vaccine-water volume before renewing water supply.
|Comments||• Wear gloves while preparing and administrating the vaccine.
• Destroy traces of vaccine and wash hands with soup after finishing administration.
• Immunization of chickens with live vaccine does not stimulate the immunity system which interfere the detection of Salmonella Pullorum and Salmonella Gallinarum.
• Accidently, swallowing the vaccine, go to physician with the vial and leaflet (the vaccine strain is sensitive to quinolones).
|Contraindications||The vaccine designate only for vaccination of healthy flock. Future layers and breeders should not be vaccinated 3 weeks before and during laying.|
|Storage||Store at 2ºC-8ºC, protected from direct sunlight.
Do not freeze the vaccine.
|Presentation||Each box contains 10 vials of 1,000, 2,000, 4,000 or 5,000 doses.|